FREE TRIVIA QUESTIONS
Here's a list of questions and answers that you can use if you're writing your own trivia nights.
For a free trivia pack with questions, music, picture and spot prize rounds download our
You can receive our weekly trivia pack straight to your inbox every week from just $29.95pw
Check out the Blog below for new questions, Who am I, True or False & Picture rounds
1. Question - Name 9 US states with alternating vowels and consonant?
Answer - Alabama, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Texas, Delaware
2. Question - What is tattooed on Popeyes arm?
Answer - Anchor
3. Question - Who wrote the Da Vinci Code?
Answer - Dan Brown
4. Question - Name the 7 Countries that have H as their second letter?
Answer - China, Chile, Thailand, Philippines, Chad, Bhutan, Ghana
5. Question - In what decade was the Korean war?
Answer - 1950's
6. Question - What type of legal defence is derived from the Latin word meaning "elsewhere"?
Answer - Alibi
7. Question - 5 Points - What are the 5 elements on the periodic table that have 4 letters
Answer - Lead, Gold, Zinc, Neon, Iron
8. Question - A failed bank robbery in Sweden in 1973 led to the name of which psychological condition?
Answer - Stockholm Syndrome
9. Question - What is the name of the search engine owned and operated by Microsoft
Answer - Microsoft Bing
10. Question - 6 Points – What are the 6 weapons in the boardgame Clue?
Answer - Candlestick, Dagger/Knife, Lead Pipe, Revolver, Rope, Wrench
11. Question - 7 Points – What are the 7 events in the Winter Olympics that don’t involve ski’s or snowboards?
Answer - Bobsleigh, Curling, Figure Skating, Ice Hocky, Luge, Speed Skating, Skeleton
12. Question - What is Africa's highest mountain?
Answer - Mount Kilimanjaro
13. Question - 2 Points for artist and song title, “Grew up in a town, that is famous as a place of movie scenes, Noise is always loud, There are sirens all around, And the streets are mean” are the opening lyrics to which 2009 song
Answer - Alicia Keys & Jay Z/Empire State Of Mind
14. Question - Which is the most frequently crossed international land border in the world?
Answer - USA/Mexico
15. Question - 2 Points - What 2 bones connect the elbow and wrist?
Answer - Radius and Ulna
16. Question - What is the hottest planet in the solar system?
Answer - Venus
17. Question - 2 Points – What was the name of the Mammoth and Sloth in Ice Age?
Answer - Manny and Sid
18. Question - In what year, 2 points for correct year, 1 point either side – The Simpson’s first aired, Honey I Shrunk The Kids and When Harry Met Sally was released, Madonna released Like A Prayer, Daniel Radcliffe and Taylor Swift were born
Answer - 1989
19. Question - 9 Points - Name the 8 countries that end in Y and the 1 country that starts with Y
Answer - Germany, Hungary, Italy, Norway, Paraguay, Turkey, Uruguay, Vatican City & Yemen
20. Question - What colour are the G’s in the Google logo?
Answer - Blue
21. Question - Which singer’s real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta?
Answer - Lady Gaga
22. Question - Who wrote Oliver Twist?
Answer - Charles Dickens
23. Question - The film Bad Boys and TV series Dexter are set in which city?
Answer - Miami
24. Question - In which ocean would you find the counties Mauritius and Madagascar?
Answer - Indian Ocean
25. Question - What is the medical term for your kneecap?
Answer - The Patella
26. Question - In Home Alone 1 where did the McAllister family go on holiday leaving Kevin behind?
Answer - Paris
27. Question - 12 Points - What are the 12 animals of the Chinese Zodiac
Answer - rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, goat (sometimes interchangeable with sheep), monkey, rooster, dog and pig
28. Question - What does the Scoville scale measure?
Answer - Spice level of peppers
29. Question - 2 Points (artist and song title) – The following lyrics are from which song “Oh, what do you think about that, Now you know how I feel, Say, you can handle my love, are you for real”
Answer - Spice Girls - Wannabe
30. Question - What is the currency of South Africa?
Answer - Rand
31. Question - 6 Points – What are the 6 topics in the board game Trivial Pursuit
Answer - Geography, Entertainment, History, Sports and Leisure, Arts and Literature, and Science and Nature
32. Question - What planet has The Great Red Spot?
Answer - Jupiter
33. Question - In what year, 2 points for correct year, 1 point either side – The Simpson’s first aired, Honey I Shrunk The Kids and When Harry Met Sally was released, Madonna released Like A Prayer, Daniel Radcliffe and Taylor Swift were born
Answer - 1989
34. Question - 3 Points - Name the 3 women Ross divorced in the TV series Friends
Answer - Rachel, Carol & Emily
35. Question - Which is further north Santiago or Buenos Aires?
Answer - Santiago
36. Question - Name the 3 US states with only 4 letters in their name. (one point each)
Answer - Utah, Ohio, Iowa
37. Question - Arnold Palmer, Ben Hogan & Gary Player are known for which sport?
Answer - Golf
38. Question - Name 3 James Bond films that start with the letter D
Answer - Dr No, Diamonds Are Forever & Die Another Day
39. Question - What was the world's tallest structure when completed in 1889?
Answer - The Eiffel Tower
40. Question - Jade is usually a shade of which colour?
Answer - Green
41. Question - Which is the most frequently crossed international land border in the world?
Answer - USA/Mexico
42. Question - What is the fastest animal on 2 legs?
Answer - Ostrich
43. Question - In Roman mythology who was the God of war
Answer - Mars
44. Question - Which part of the body would be covered if you were wearing spats?
Answer - Feet/Ankles
45. Question - 10 Points – From 1943 until the late 1990’s there were 10 player pieces in the game of Monopoly, what were they?
Answer - Battleship, Boot, Cannon, Horse and Rider, Iron, Racecar, Scottie Dog, Thimble, Top Hat and Wheelbarrow
46. Question - Where would you find the Sea of Tranquillity?
Answer - The Moon
47. Question - Name the actor/actress that starred in these films and TV shows – Sleepover, Hoot, 21 Jump St, Trainwreck, Community, Running Wild with Bear Grylls & Room
Answer - Brie Larson
48. Question - 6 Points – Name the 6 movies Leonardo DiCaprio has been nominated for an Academy award for either best actor or actor in a supporting role
Answer - Wolf of Wall Street, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, Blood Diamond, The Aviator, The Revenant, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood
49. Question - 2 Points – Which 2 teams have won the most Super Bowls
Answer - Pittsburgh Steelers & The New England Patriots
50. Question - 4 Points – What are the 4 longest rivers in the world?
Answer - Nile, Amazon, Yangtze, Mississippi